Friday 6 May 2011

Resourceful architect prep. meeting

Highlight: 
The pavement is the least important !!   :DDD


Right so for the Day of ideas on the 18th , they want me to get across the resourcefulness. The pavement project is one of 3 they identified in my presentation: 
- collecting rainwater in Mexico
- WWF giving money for cutting down Salt Cedar along Rio Grande River
- Caliche and block making in Las Lomas


the ingenuity of the manual being the measuring tool and the stencil


the shift from traditional role of obscure genius architect to a teacher, shortcut taker, simple maker. 


what could London learn from the genius :) project  (I have to look up localism) 


I should also go dream and figure out a business plan


I should also be clear about the boundaries of my involvement. (whether I ll do a bit of pavement and feel good after this feel good experience, :)) excuse me! like. how far did I manage to take my mex ranwater non-collection, quite far inni. i think i knew i need to be telling the right ppl first rather than handing out plastic sheets with attached hoses to collect the water) 
so 
how far will I take it!? when will i say, but I am an architect, i cant do That. 


big question. 
even though i do think the rest of the world is a HUGE market to be entered and counting/growing. 




The change of lifestyle - i.e. instead of spending time going to work to earn money to buy a house, spend time making a house. 


I have also - aparently - entered a movement and Nabeel has warmly welcomed me into it. A movement to create communities, livelihoods, social enterprises, autonomous corners, where people take part in making of the corners and thus create the sense of ownership and belonging and care. 
A move towards self-sufficient 'bubbles' out of the western closed circuit market. 
or at least this is how I translated what I was hearing. 


This kindof scares me. This smells tiny little bit of communism, which I - an easterneuropean - get goosebumps from , from far far ahead. 


But perhaps I should face it and not be scared of the word community, just because it sounds simillar. (because it sounds similar for a reason right) 


After all we do grow strawberries and tomatoes and sunflowers at home. and they are amazing. 


Thats it. 
I need to think of a punch line - i think it will be about london learning from the starting from scratch. 


The most flattering comment: 
Bara, you will be presenting an important idea to the public on the 18th. 




aaaaawwwwwwwwwww. they were so nice! 






brill illu in the RSA booklet

important names all around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment