Friday 6 May 2011

caliche CEB machine - Logan Texas A&M

Dear Logan, 

..

.. how much does IMPACT cost. I said I was not sure and that I think 
it is Texas A&M's prototype. 
Could you please correct me? 
..
.. how does the testing of caliche happen, and the process of making of the blocks. 


..

Thank you so much 

Hello Bara,

  ..

Each soil has to be carefully analyzed and Tested compliment if needed with lime, cement or clay   . The CEB (Compressed Earth Block) machine is made in San Antonio and they start at $25000 US.
Caliche is a soil with high lime content hence the name from th

e Spanish and Latin root for lime (CaCO3) "cal".
In the area of Las Lomas, besides caliche you can use Mesquite wood for lintels, floors and doors. Nopal cactus for stucco.


Let me know if you need more detail. Thank you.


Prof. E. Logan Wagner PhD, AIA
College of Architecture
TAMU

No comments:

Post a Comment