Monday 11 October 2010

Summer 2008 - House in Colonia Gerardo Peres, Temixco

below is a photo documentation of 2 weeks of building a 3 bedroom house in suburb of Cuernavaca called Temixco, within one of Colonias.

The work has been organized for me by local Habitat for Humanity office. I completely recommend knocking on the doors of local offices of huge international humanitarian organizations. The full package offers for volunteers are very expensive. I have turned up at the office and asked whether there was anyone whom I could help on a building site. I havent paid a penny. The local office put me straight in touch with the family, who were building their house, I was paid drinking water and refresko on special occasions (coca cola:) and tacos in endless combinations.

The project was running into second week. Typical 1 storey home takes 6 weeks. 2 weeks site preparation, digging and building foundations. 2 weeks walls. 2 weeks roof, windows, final touches.
I have experienced foundations and 1st storey walls.

Here is how:





































No comments:

Post a Comment